David P. Roberts
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician CSCO11267516 (Jan 2008)
- Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) Exam – PAN-OS 8.0 Version(July 2017)
- BS, Management Information Systems
- Associates, Computer Science
- 11 years experience in networking; network security; data communications technology standards; and networking topologies
- 11 years experience in the configuration of routers and layer 3 switches
- 11 years experience in firewall configuration and design
- 11 years experience in controller based wireless mesh networks
- 11 years experience in Cisco IOS routing and switching products
- 11 years experience in Cisco Nexus OS & associated fabric extension technologies
- 4 years experience in Dell PowerConnect and Force10 products
- 3 years experience in Juniper firewall and switching products
- 3 years experience with IBM QRadar syslog/netflow based log analytics and reporting
- 1 year experience Palo Alto next generation firewall
Eleven years of extensive hands-on experience in network engineering technologies. Administers and supports switched IP networks, including wireless IP networks. Administration and support for VoIP telephony systems. Maintains and supports network routers and network wiring, including fiber optic systems and wireless. Maintains network documentation.
Network Engineer – Office of Management Enterprise Services – Jan 2006 – Present
- Currently working as the senior network administrator for all firewall, routing, switching and wireless networks for the Oklahoma Tax Commission LAN and OKC/Tulsa WAN.
- Plan, develop, and implement data networks including state tag agent WAN and other information technology programs for the state of Oklahoma.
- Confer with users and others to determine requirements for services. Establish and project system requirements. Coordinate requirements with technical staff and vendors to develop a plan of approach for implementation.
- Develop long-range plans and budget estimates.
- Manage VPN (Virtual Private Network) implementation and access policy. Establish access security measures, including evaluation of user credentials. Establishes network privileges for each user. Ensure that security audit records are maintained.
- Serve as a liaison with contractors, vendors, and others providing information systems goods and services; monitors purchasing, leasing, and rental of goods and services.
- Represent the agency or state in a professional and courteous manner at national, professional, and other meetings, events, and functions concerning data communications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems with operating systems and utility software, servers, network components and devices, and related systems and devices; identify causes and resolve technical problems; coordinate with management as needed. Tracks all work history with automated ticketing systems.
- Assist and advise other personnel in solutions to complex data processing problems, all handled professionally, promptly, and in a courteous manner. Provide customer service to end users, vendors, and their representatives, assisting them in a courteous, respectful, and efficient manner. Act as an advocate of both the user and IT to resolve the needs of all parties involved.
Network Consultant – Midcon Data Services, LLC – 2011 – 2012
- Performed various data & VOIP related services on Juniper, Extreme and Mitel systems. Oversaw design and implementation of network upgrades. Performed network maintenance as requested.
Paintball Field Manager – Adventure Zone Paintball – 2009 – 2012
Stand in manager as needed by the field owner. Managed all inventory, financial transactions, customer service and employee activities. Performed maintenance on paintball related equipment.
InfraGard Counter Cyber Terrorism – Oklahoma City Chapter – ID 10044535
InfraGard provides a trusted forum for the exchange and channeling of information and subject matter expertise related to the protection of our nation’s critical infrastructure from both physical and cyber threats.
Associates in Computer Science – Oklahoma City Community College – 2002
Bachelors in Management Information Systems – Oklahoma State University – 2005
Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician CSCO11267516 (Jan 2008)
Palo Alto Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) Exam – PAN-OS 8.0 Version (July 2017)
Fluke Netflow Tracker Network Analyzer
Interconnecting Network Cisco Devices 1 (ICND1)
Interconnecting Network Cisco Devices 2 (ICND2)
Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)
Building Converged Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
Cisco Internetwork Design
Cisco Internetwork Troubleshooting
Juniper Junos Network Fundamentals
Juniper Enterprise Switching (JEX)
Juniper Networks Junos Automation
IBM QRadar Console & QFlow Collector Administration
Palo Alto Firewall Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210)
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
Cisco Nexus Core – 7000 series chassis. M148GS, M132XP switching modules
Cisco Nexus Access – 2248TP, 2232PP, 2232TM fabric extension switches
Cisco IOS Switches 2900, 3500, L2 & L3 3560s, 3750s, 4958, 5505, 5509
Cisco CatOS Switches L2 2948, 3900
Cisco Routers – 1500, 1700, 2600, 2800, 4000, 4500, 5300, 7200
Cisco Wireless – 4402WLC, 1132AP, 1232AP
Cisco Firewall – PIX515E, ASA5520, ASA5525
Cisco Load Balancers – ACE 4710, CSS 11506
Dell PowerConnect – 8024F, 6024
Dell M-1000 Blade Switches – PowerConnect and Force 10 M-Series Blades
Juniper Firewalls – SSG20, SRX1400, SRX240, SRX220
Juniper Switches – EX2200, EX4200, EX4550, EX4600
IBM QRadar 1201, 3128
APC Power and Environmental Management – ISX, NetBotz
Palo Alto Firewall- PA-3060
Ethernet, HSRP, Port-Channel, VPC, IP Policy Based Virtual Route Forwarding, VTP Administration, VLAN Design, Cisco FEX fabric architecture, NAC, Single & MM fiber design & installation, OSPF, EIGRP, SNMP2/3, DNS, DHCP, Remote Access VPN, IPSEC, VMPS, 802.1x, VNAT, NGFW.
Linux / Win / IOS / NX-OS / Force 10 / Junos / PAN-OS / PowerConnect
Fluke Netflow Tracker, ASDM, ACS/RADIUS, Juniper Space, Juniper MAG, Great Bay Beacon, IBM QRadar, Solar Winds Engineering Toolset, Kiwi Cattools, MTR, NMAP, IPERF, GNS3, WhatsUp, APC InfraStruxture Central, Wireshark