Jan 19, 2012
A while ago I began construction on a home building to use as a family home gym & martial arts training facility. The building is 12×16 with a steel door & 1 window on the first floor.
The first floor:
- Nordic Track E8100 Olympic Smith Machine
- Recumbent exercise bike.
- Dumbbell Rack 5lbs to 45lbs pairs in 5lbs increments
- Wall attached dip bars
- Floor attached roman chair
- Wall attached calf raise shoulder mounts with weight attachments
- Chalk board
- Wall mounted, framed workout routines listed in ranking order of difficulty. (the idea is for different people they can have a cookie cutter routine to choose from)
- Double floor,3/4” interlocking OSB floor panels over 3/4” treated plywood resulting in a solid 1.5” thick surface. The idea here is to prevent floor damage from dropped weights.
- Wall mounted, framed chart of exercise types.
The 2nd floor:
- Wall mounted stretch bar.
- Book shelf with various martial arts training material
- Wall mounted fold down table top next to the book shelf
- Ceiling mounted heavy bag
- Wooden dummy
- Practice weapons rack
- Sparing gear wall hooks
- Ceiling mounted kick pads (three different heights, basic clapper pads)
- Sand/Pebble bowl
- Two windows both facing west.
- Speed bag
- Padded Flooring